Thank you and Welcome

This little message is just to say hi and welcome, If you haven't already read the about me section on this page, I would suggest you go and take a look. That section will tell you some basic information about myself and will tell you the reasoning for this blog. If you like, please stick around and feel free to take a glance around this page. If you like what you see, please feel free to follow and keep up to date with the latest ideas I have for my project.
Thanks once again guys
Peace
Josh Tills

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Preliminary Task - What,When, Who, How and Where?

Brain Storm
What – The preliminary task is to create a continuity task involving filming and editing a character opening a door, crossing a room and sitting down in a chair opposite another character, with whom she/he then exchanges a couple of lines of dialogue.
Idea – An interview between a boss and an applicant.
How – A well lit room with a desk and a door, a window in the background where the light will come from. Will first shoot a low angle shot of the Employer, to show his power, then a high angle shot of the applicant to show his vulnerability in the situation, then the employers secretary opens a door and says “it’s time” the applicant stands up and walks towards the door, opens the door, then from the other side of the door, see him walking in the room (Match on Action). Then we see the employer sitting at his desk with some files. The applicant sits down, and the two people start the interview. The shots will differ from the applicant to the employer depending on who is speaking (Shot reverse Shot) then I will have a low angle of the applicant, because the interview is going well, to show how he is now comfortable with the situation and the camera will move round ‘til we can see both the employer and the applicant (180 degree rule).
Where – In a well-lit room with a window at the back where the light will come from, a desk decorated with files, and a door where the applicant will enter.
When – ASAP.
Who – I will be filming and editing the task. The actors I will use will be whoever is readily available.

Dialogue
Assistant: hears phone ringing and picks up phone. The shot then cuts to a high angle shot of the office with the boss with the phone to his ear.

Employer: Send him in.

The shot the cuts to a waiting room where we see a high angle shot of a nervous applicant waiting, the audience knows he is waiting as he is showing signs such as tapping his foot, sighing and looking at the ceiling.

The assistant opens a door and pops her head round the corner and says

Assistant: Mr.Stevenson will see you now.

The assistant then leaves the room.
The applicant takes a heavy breathe to show nervousness, he then stands up and walks towards the door, he starts to open the door, the shot then cuts to the other side of the door inside the office, we see the applicant walk into the office from the other side (Match on Action). The Employer then says.

Employer: Please, take a seat.
The assistant sits down in the chair. The interview starts.

Employer: So Mr … Daniels, Why do want this job?

Mr.Daniels: Well, I enjoy working in this field. I have a lot of experience and my degree was in this subject. I feel I could really do well here.

Mr.Stevenson: Okay, now the job comes with a lot of responsibilities, and quite frankly the companies quite worried about offloading so many duties to someone so young. Please could you just name for me some of the characteristics that feel make you worthy to handle so many responsibilities?

Mr.Daniels: Well, all throughout my time in Education, I have strived to take a leadership role. During my time at university, I was a part of the student union, and was in charge of a lot of responsibilities there. I have also taken part in many work experience opportunities working with executives in high important positions. I feel that I am very mature and see my youth as a positive as I get to learn how to handle these responsibilities at an early age so I know how to handle many duties. This isn’t just a job to me; it’s a learning experience as well.

Mr.Stevenson: Very good. As well as many responsibilities, there are also many other people who work in the department, some whom will be older than you. How will you manage to be an important role whilst being respectful to older employees who have been here longer than you’ve been alive?

Mr.Daniels: During my time uni, and throughout all my time through work experience, I have worked with many older people and in many cases been in a position of which has more authority than those who were older than me. I am a very friendly and respectful man, and I feel that with these trades, I will get on with everyone, older or younger.


Shooting Schedule
The whole task will take place on a Tuesday, after my lessons have finished at 10:40 AM. Once I have finished filming which will, I hope, be approximately around the time of 12:00 PM, I will proceed to edit the task on a Macintosh computer using Final Cut Pro.

Location Scouting
The task will take place in the school and, with permission, outside and inside, Mr.Warner’s office. The hallway outside will provide the perfect setting for the applicant to sit, The office will be the perfect setting for the interview to take place, and the multiple exists mean it will be easy for the secretary to exist easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment